AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes renewable energy sources. Over the past 19 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, this position is responsible for understanding the contractual obligations and agreements at the facilities. The incumbent will provide guidance and assurance to operational accounting that invoices and payments are being billed to as per contract. The Analyst will not only be looking for further opportunities at the facilities but also be a point of contact for operations, customers and joint venture partners.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as liaison between AltaGas, customers and joint venture partners, this will include but not be limited to reviewing and providing data on operations at the facility, verifying fees and clarifying accounting practices to Joint Venture partners and customers and ensuring accuracy
- Reviewing daily gas throughput, being aware of plant operations and production
- Participate in negotiations for various business deals with third parties
- Attend operation meetings and chair discussions of operations and future developments/projects
- Act as a link to the accounting team for clarification of commercial arrangements, provide support and ensure entries are approved and booked properly
- Work with staff at the facility to ensure product is moving correctly and allocated properly, where applicable
- Co-operate with plant supervisors to submit yearly budgets, ensuring that this is provided to joint venture partners in a timely matter and that costs can be justified
- Participate in the strategic planning process
- Build strong relationships with joint venture partners, producers and customers to the facility
- Work with the legal department for timely, accurate and inclusive amendments to agreements and/or new commercial arrangements
- Relevant university degree
- 1-3 years relevant experience in the energy industry
- Joint Venture experience would be considered beneficial
- Analysis and financial modeling abilities
- Knowledge of midstream business processes and opportunities
- Research skills to develop customer and market intelligence
- Communication – ability to present findings
- Analytical ability to determine optimal business solution to opportunities and challenges
- Knowledge of Joint Venture Industry contracts (PJVA and others)
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; firstname.lastname@example.org.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.