AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes renewable energy sources. Over the past 18 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
This position is responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of financial transactions through the sub-ledger. While maintaining effective and efficient processes, transactions, and internal controls, this position also supports the financial reporting requirements of the operating and corporate segments.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Record monthly recurring journal entries including accruals, inter-affiliated, G&A allocation and treasury banking transactions
- Create and enter monthly intersegment and intrasegment elimination entries, investment portfolio summary and analysis, amortization of share options, stock options grants and exercised and dividends granted
- Enter in the daily, weekly and monthly foreign exchange into the accounting system
- Create and maintain intercompany grid pivot table
- Prepare the monthly outlook file
- Prepare the monthly one page financial results and CEO reporting package reports for senior executives
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly and quarterly Financial Operational Overview (FOO) and board FOO presentation
- Participate in and support various ad hoc projects as required
- Professional accounting designation or working towards
- Accounting Degree or Diploma
- Five plus years of financial reporting experience
- Confident, detail orientated and enthusiastic team player with superior interpersonal, communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities, taking on new responsibilities as required
- Professional in manner and value confidentiality in all dealings
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; firstname.lastname@example.org.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.