AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes renewable energy sources. Over the past 19 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
Build and mentor a high performing, motivated, strategic thinking team responsible for developing, validating, and communicating the consolidated business plans
Ensure the timely preparation of financial reporting information and presentations required for quarterly and annual reports, Disclosure and Audit Committee and Board Meetings
Build strong relationships with various internal groups with the goal of developing accurate and timely business plans and business reports within a fast pace and continuously changing business environment.
Specific responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Preparation of Quarterly and Annual M D & A in accordance with securities regulations and disclosure best practices
- Ensure that appropriate and adequate internal controls over financial reporting and disclosure controls are in place and operating efficiently and effectively
- Manage the preparation and dissemination of external and internal financial reports and other information for documents required for senior management and external/internal stakeholders
- Lead various initiatives and activities as required to enhance financial reporting activities of the corporation and support our Investor Relations and Communications strategy
- Manage the process to create and deliver weekly outlooks that provide predictive measures for corporate success
- Develop and maintain relationships with various internal key players to create accurate and meaningful forecasts
- Partner with the various operational, commercial, and finance teams to continuously increase the integrity of the forecasts in a changing business environment
- Effectively communicate the expected business performance to the senior leadership team
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of the annual budget
- Develop critical planning cycle deadlines and drive the organization to deliver plans on time
- Partner with the Corporate IT department to build, maintain, and improve the critical planning information systems to deliver efficient and effective plans
Long Term Strategic Plans:
- Develop and lead the preparation of strategic business plans designed for rapid growth and changing business environment
- Create written documents that effectively communicate the strategic plans for the corporation
- Assist the business Leadership Team with creating strategic direction by understanding the market dynamics and the key performance indicators of the business
- Utilize a variety of strategic planning tools and processes to lead organizational change
- Develop and maintain processes to measure, report and explain corporate performance
- Consolidate financial and operational performance measurement data across the corporation
Create effective presentations and reports which are clear, concise and of the highest quality to be delivered to Senior Management and the AltaGas Board of Directors
- Bachelor’s degree with a relevant professional designation or MBA and minimum ten years of experience
- Experience in the development of strategic long term plans and budgets
- Advanced analytical and problem solving abilities and ability to manage complex financial models and information systems
- Proven ability to prioritize, work under pressure with minimal guidance and meet tight deadlines
- Energetic self-starter with excellent communication, presentation, writing and organizational skills
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically while working with inter-departmental teams at all levels of management
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; email@example.com.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.