AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes renewable energy sources. Over the past 19 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
Reporting to the Divisional Controller Gas & Power, AltaGas Ltd. requires a creative team player whose attributes include strong analytical, strategic planning, and effective communication skills. As a key member of the Gas and Power business team you will be accountable for providing leadership in the development of effective and efficient business plans including Performance Measures, Operational Outlooks, Annual Budgets, and Long Term Strategic Plans.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
Build and mentor a high performing, motivated, strategic thinking team responsible for developing, validating, and communicating the strategic and tactical business plans of the Gas and Power Divisions.
Build strong relationships with various internal groups with the goal of developing a creative business strategy within a fast pace and continuously changing business environment.
Specific responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Develop and maintain processes to measure, report and explain business Key Performance Indicators (KPI) which influence effective business decisions.
- Consolidate financial and operational performance measurement data for two distinctively different Energy businesses (Gas and Power).
- Create effective Power Point presentations which are clear, concise and of the highest quality to be delivered to Senior Management and the AltaGas Board of Directors.
- Manage the process to create and deliver weekly operational and financial outlooks that provide predictive measures for the business success.
- Develop and maintain relationships with various internal key players to create accurate and meaningful forecasts.
- Partner with the various operational, commercial, and finance teams to continuously increase the integrity of the forecasts in a changing business environment.
- Effectively communicate the expected operational and financial performance to the Corporate Finance groups.
- Coordinate numerous departments in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Drive the organization to meet critical budget deadlines.
- Partner with the Corporate IT department to build, maintain, and change the business and G&A models within the Cognos Enterprise Planning tool.
Long Term Strategic Plans:
- Develop and lead the execution of strategic business plans designed for rapid growth and changing business environment.
- Create written documents that effectively communicate the strategic and tactical initiatives within the Gas and Power Divisions.
- Assist the business Leadership Team with creating strategic direction by understanding the market dynamics and the key performance indicators of the business.
- Utilize a variety of strategic planning tools and processes to lead organizational change.
- Bachelor’s degree with a professional accounting designation or MBA with minimum ten years post designation experience.
- Ten years of progressively senior level experience in Financial Accounting, Reporting, and Budgeting.
- Experience in the development of strategic long term plans and budgets.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving abilities and ability to manage complex financial models.
- Proven ability to prioritize, work under pressure with minimal guidance and meet tight deadlines.
- Energetic self-starter with excellent communication, presentation, influence and writing skills with solid organizational skills.
- Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically while working with inter-departmental teams at all levels of management.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; firstname.lastname@example.org.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.