AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes renewable energy sources. Over the past 20 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
The successful incumbent of this position will be responsible for the coordination of activities to ensure that the integrity of the gas plant and gas gathering field pressure equipment is kept to an acceptable level, allowing for safe and reliable operation. The Facility Integrity Coordinator is a member of the local Technical Services team and responsible for completion of assigned work orders and projects. The Facility Integrity Coordinator supports the facilities that fall within the Field Gathering & Processing, Power, Extraction and Transmission groups. Their role is to ensure that the facilities are operating safely and within regulatory boundaries.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
Integrity Program Decisions
- Determination of when the programs indicate integrity is at risk and development of actions to address
- Review integrity program results such as corrosion survey/coupon and process fluid analysis results and provide guidance to operations to help ensure pressure equipment integrity, working closely with chemical suppliers
- Ensure repairs/alterations and new construction activities follow the plants’ Owner/User requirements as established by the Alberta Boiler Safety Association (ABSA), British Columbia Safety Authority (BCSA), and Technical Safety Authority of Saskatchewan (TSASK)
- Participate in the Management of Change process with respect to facility integrity
- Participate in the completion of work orders as a member of the local technical services team, including review of request, formulation of options, selection of the best option, and completion of work
- Participate in the completion of assigned projects
- Determination of inspection intervals of all pressure equipment within gas plants and plans to balance inspection costs with equipment integrity.
- Coordinate the activities of inspection personnel and contrators
- Ensure pressure equipment inspection activities are performed as scheduled by competent personnel
- Preparation of scope of work, service contracts, qualifications review, report review, and acceptance for inspection personnel
- Maintain records and documentation on al pressure vessels, pressure piping, and pressure safety valves
- Determination of when ABSA/BCSA/TSASK involvement is required or desired
Liaison with ABSA/BCSA/TSASK on activities concerning pressure equipment, including communication of inspection plans, repair plans, and design registration of new systems
- Minimum two years of related experience, preferably in the oil and gas industry; understanding of gas plant operations
- API 510 and API 570 Certification
- In-Service Pressure vessel Inspector Certificate of Competency (PESL) for Alberta
- PESL equivalent in BC and Saskatchewan
- Excellent knowledge of ABSA/BCSA/TSASK regulations, ASME/CSA Codes and Standards
- Knowledge of and continuing development & certification in quality control/quality assurance systems
- Knowledge of non-destructive examination, NDE, methods and techniques
- Strong technical skills
- Knowledge of ASME/CSA codes
- Oral/written communication
- Excellent problem solving skills
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; firstname.lastname@example.org.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.