AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes renewable energy sources. Over the past 19 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing and entering accounting entries for all Canadian power operational assets
- Calculating and preparing invoices to be sent to customers
- Review and coding of invoices for payment
- Assisting with calculation of monthly distributions to partners
- Tracking daily Mark-to-Market settlements for cash purposes
- Working with operational personnel to keep up-to-date with asset operations and to confirm operating results
- Undertake monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assisting with preparation of monthly financial statements
- Printing reports as required from the accounting and reporting systems
- Interaction with other segments within AltaGas to ensure consistent reporting
- Assisting the power accounting group as required
- Accounting or Finance-related Degree
- Enrolled in or recently designated Professional Accountant (CA, CGA, or CMA)
- Good working knowledge and experience with Excel
- Detail oriented and excellent accuracy
- Sound knowledge of financial accounting principles
- US GAAP considered an asset, but not required
- Energy industry experience an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; firstname.lastname@example.org.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.