Reporting to the Director Operations and Engineering – FG&P, the Manager Pipeline Operations will provide leadership for the management and implementation of AltaGas’ Pipeline Integrity Management Plan. The position also serves as a technical resource to the Engineering and Regulatory groups in ensuring facilities are designed and operated in accordance with existing standards and regulations.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain and update the AltaGas Ltd. Pipeline Integrity Management Plan as well as the Corporate Pipeline Database
- Work with AltaGas field personal and external third parties in managing pipeline integrity activities to ensure activities are completed and documented in accordance with AltaGas requirements
- Perform company-wide risk assessments to ensure that corporate resources are effectively deployed to the most critical pipeline maintenance and integrity issues
- Steward the pipeline abandonment and discontinuance process to ensure AltaGas remains compliant with all CSA and EUB pipeline regulations
- Facilitate the collection and maintain the data flow of Pipeline Integrity Activities into Risk Assessment models for ongoing asset management in accordance with the management plan
- Occasional short-term travel to various field locations to support Operations personnel
- Manage ongoing relationships with key customers, including AltaGas management regulations and producing companies
- Serve as the AltaGas point contact with local authorities for pipeline related issues
- Participate and contribute to industry professional associations (i.e. NACE, CSA, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technologies diploma or applicable industry experience
- Minimum five years’ experience in pipeline integrity
- Experience in cathodic protection, pipeline design and repair
- Knowledge of current pipeline codes and regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel
- Advanced computer skills in MS Excel and Access
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; email@example.com.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.