AltaGas Ltd. is one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing energy infrastructure organizations. AltaGas creates value by acquiring, growing and optimizing gas and power infrastructure, including a focus on renewable energy sources.
AltaGas Ltd requires a results-oriented, adaptable, motivated individual to join our Engineering, Procurement and Construction team, reporting to the Director, Project Controls and Integration. The Project Controls Analyst will track the overall cost, budget and schedule performance of major construction projects and assist with the integration of acquisitions, mergers or divestments as required.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a close working relationship with project team members to ensure direct and efficient communications on all aspects of the project costs and schedule;
- Review invoicing for accuracy and validity, proper coding as well as associated budgets to ensure sufficient funds are in place to cover all invoices and that disputed and holdback amounts are properly handled. Obtain approval for, enter and submit to Accounts Payable, as well as ensure appropriate documentation of all invoices;
- Monitor and control the project change management procedure and initiate preparation of forecasts to support change management, including maintaining the change log, tracking the status and expediting sign-off of all project change notices related to owner’s costs;
- Track all procurement and contract commitments, invoices and change orders for cost tracking, variance reporting and cash flow forecasting;
- Prepare monthly project accruals and forecasts and assist Direction, Project Controls with communication as required;
- Prepare, track and update project schedules;
- Generate various regular, ad hoc and special reports and presentations including cost, schedule and safety data as required, for internal use and for provision to project clients;
- Assist with the development of project control tools, templates and reports;
- Assist with project documentation control, as requested and time permits;
- Work with various groups within AltaGas to ensure readiness to transition the projects seamlessly from construction to operation;
- Assist with the development and execution of the integration plans for acquisitions, and divestments;
- Assist with the clear and effective communication on intergration plans and KPI's that monitor the integration process and effectiveness.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years project controls experience (focus on cost), financial analysis experience and 5-10 years’ work experience;
- Post-secondary degree in project management, business, finance or economics;
- Background in project controls, forecasting and analysis, with a particular emphasis on cost and schedule control;
- Experience with estimating would be an asset;
- Understanding of project procurement would be an asset;
- Energy industry experience preferred;
- Demonstrate analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with different personality types;
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Microsoft Project, Word and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work both individually and within a team environment;
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; firstname.lastname@example.org.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.