AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes clean energy sources. Over the past 19 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
AltaGas requires an enthusiastic, innovative and motivated individual to join our Communications team. Reporting to the Manager of Communications, the Senior Communications Advisor will provide expert communications planning, advice and support to AltaGas' Gas and Power divisions. The ideal candidate will be experienced in developing communications plans and providing advice, guidance and direction to improve stakeholder communication and public relations for new projects as well as for existing operational areas. The Senior Advisor will help each division achieve its objectives through the effective use of strategic communications.
Responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as the primary liaison between project teams, operations leadership and Communications to understand external communication needs and opportunities
- Develops a detailed understanding of organizational initiatives and priorities and ensures message alignment across all business channels and audiences
- Collaborates with project and operations leadership and Communications to ensure consistent and relevant exchange of information. Leads requirements capture for communication campaigns and activities
- Develops and implements communications plans for all Gas and Power projects
- Consults and advises project and operations groups to lead local community relations and public affairs activities and ensure consistent tactics are being used; collaborates and works closely with the Communications Advisor – Community Relations and Event Planning
- Writes new content for print and online materials, ensures existing content is up-to-date
- Prepares presentations for external audiences on the company and its projects ensuring enforcement and adherence to the company’s brand standards
- Regularly reports progress against planned activities to project teams and the communications team
- Ensures campaigns and tactics meet customer requirements and expectations and are delivered on time and on budget
- In conjunction with the Senior Communications Advisor - Media Relations, and the Communications Advisor – Community Relations and Event Planning, develops key messaging for communications, e.g., open houses, media interviews, stakeholder meetings;
- Works with outside agencies, consultants, and vendors as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree in Communications or similar discipline
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience in the communications field
- Superior writing skills, expert judgment, with a firm understanding of the principles of stakeholder communication and public relations
- Able to collaborate with many groups with multiple interests
- Able to identify emerging trends or issues and present recommendations and information to a wide variety of audiences
- Results driven and a proven ability to meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Suite, with an advanced proficiency PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the Power, Gas and Utility industries is an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; email@example.com.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.