AltaGas Ltd. is one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing energy infrastructure organizations. AltaGas creates value by acquiring, growing and optimizing gas and power infrastructure, including a focus on renewable energy sources.
AltaGas requires an enthusiastic, proactive and motivated individual to join our team, reporting to the Manager Operations. Your proficient work skills, commitment and team-oriented approach will provide exceptional support to the Field Gathering and Processing team located in the Calgary office.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support Operations by pursuing opportunities to optimize, manage and expand existing plants.
- Support Operations in the areas of plant troubleshooting and optimization; gathering system optimization; process and pipeline modeling.
- Evaluate expansion and business development opportunities.
- Work with regulators and internal departments to ensure compliance to government regulations.
- Mentoring Junior Operations Engineers.
- Provide project engineering services including managing 3rd party engineering firms; project scoping; preparing AFE’s; drawing/design review and Process Hazard Analysis; cost and schedule tracking; construction liaison; commissioning and start-up support; project management.
- Engineering degree (preferably Chemical, Mechanical, or Petroleum);
- 10+ years relevant experience in the oil and gas industry;
- Professional Engineer designation;
- Experience with process engineering and plant/facility engineering;
- Knowledge and experience with process simulators, sour gas processing, deep-cut (turbo-expander) NGL recovery;
- Good working knowledge of ERCB, OH&S, and Alberta Environment regulations.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; email@example.com.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.