AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power, and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes renewable energy sources. Over the past 20 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
Reporting to the Records Manager, the primary responsibility of this position is to serve as a technology resource for SharePoint-based activities.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with business users and vendors to support and expand the company's SharePoint implementation;
- Recommend and implement solutions to support user needs, configuring SharePoint and performing technical web work to meet customer needs;
- Conduct user interviews and business analyses to determine requirements;
- Document these requirements for SharePoint sites and applications and establish acceptance test criteria with customers;
- Provision new sites and users and provide training as required;
- Monitor and analyze SharePoint usage to identify opportunities for improvement;
- Assist customers with the content for SharePoint, especially graphics and interface work;
- Investigate, troubleshoot, problem solve and resolve SharePoint issues.
- Create and update training manuals and support documentation;
- Partner with IT Technical Operations, vendors and Records Management to manage implementations;
- Participate in the development of the SharePoint governance plan;
Participate in the development of requirements for enterprise content management (ECM), the selection of a tool and its implementation.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of SharePoint, SharePoint Designer, Workflow/InfoPath, web parts, XSLT, and event handlers;
- Strong graphical design skills;
- Familiarity with third party solutions to extend SharePoint functionality;
- Ability to convert business requirements into technical solutions using appropriate SharePoint and add-on technologies;
- Standard BA skills (use cases, activity diagrams, features and descriptions, business cases, etc.);
- Ability to work within pre-existing guidelines and standard operating procedures in a fast-paced professional environment;
- Experience in working with development, test and production environments, using formal software development lifecycle methodologies, and formal change management procedures;
- College or university education in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work with customers and develop strong relationships;
- Effective time management, organization, and leadership skills;
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently;
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service;
- Knowledge and experience with formal records and document management is considered an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; email@example.com.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.