AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes renewable energy sources. Over the past 19 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
Reporting to the Team Leader E&T Accounting, this position is responsible for providing accurate and timely financial and volumetric accounting for the Extraction and Transmission segment and complies with all internal controls and accounting policies and procedures. The successful incumbent will also provide accurate and reliable customer invoicing in accordance with contract provisions along with accurate and reliable data for regulatory agencies. You will also be responsible for providing the highest quality and reliability of financial information, both internal and external, to the decision maker and ensure all reporting requirements and timelines are met.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Record and report on financial and volumetric accounting activities for the E&T segment
- Settle, track, and report monthly commodity/financial hedge transactions
- Ensure all financial transactions are reported accurately and timely and comply with internal controls
- Meet E&T and Corporate reporting requirements and deadlines
- Prepare and assist in the financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting activities of the E&T segment
- Report and analyze financial and non-financial impact of operational decisions and business development initiatives
- Facilitate changes in processes to reflect changing business needs and environment
- Continuously review the financial information processes to ensure the gathering, recording, and reporting of financial information is performed effectively and efficiently
- Assist with external, internal and third party audit processes
- Prepare monthly customer invoices and ensure billings are in accordance with contract provisions
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist with the collection of Extraction’s accounts receivables, work with customers to ensure accounts are settled in a timely fashion and assist with disputes as required
- Prepare and submit government regulatory reports
- Play an active role in the external customer service initiatives partnering with the Operations, Engineering, Corporate Reporting, Investor Relations, and Customer groups
- Assist and support the strategic direction of the business segment
- Develop and maintain external contacts and play a key role in customer service
- Support the E&T accounting team as required
- Minimum 1 year industry experience
- Minimum 2-5 years Financial analysis and reporting experience
- Accounting or finance degree
- Enrolled in & working towards an Accounting Designation
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Time management, and detail oriented
- Knowledge of midstream and energy industries an asset
- Understanding of Accounting principles
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; email@example.com.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.