AltaGas is an energy infrastructure business with a focus on natural gas, power and regulated utilities. We create value by acquiring, growing and optimizing energy infrastructure, which includes renewable energy sources. Over the past 19 years we have built a portfolio of assets and created dynamic teams to support our future growth.
AltaGas requires an enthusiastic, innovative and motivated individual to join our Financial Systems Accounting group reporting to the Financial Systems Manager, as a Financial Systems Analyst for a 13 month term. This position requires the individual to understand, initiate, implement and monitor financial system processes. A keen appreciation of the interfaces with other systems used in the organization is also required. The position interacts closely with all Qbyte FM users.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate data management of AltaGas’ financial accounting system;
- Support for the work in progress functions and coordinate core master data maintenance for Qbyte FM;
- Complete Qbyte FM month-end tasks, including review and technical assistance to transactional interfaces into Qbyte FM;
- Collaborate with the business segments to provide financial business support for reporting requirements, including development of ad-hoc reports;
- Coordinate proper maintenance and system administration for Qbyte FM and ensure that accounting departments receive support in addressing problems encountered within the financial application;
- Support business analysts in the operation of cross-functional interfaces, integration and reporting solutions;
- Work with Divisional Capital Accountants in conjunction with the Fixed Asset projects and participate with the review and system approvals for AFE data from AFE Navigator;
- Assist with external, internal and third party audit requirements;
- Technical liaison for external and internal database issues;
- Assist with future accounting system releases/upgrades/patches/conversions to ensure they are properly planned, scoped, tested, receive user acceptance and well-documented;
- Assist Financial Systems Manager on various ad-hoc projects as requested by the business segments and assist with special projects when applicable;
Maintain regular communication with project teams and internal business stakeholders to facilitate business process improvement and growth initiatives.
- Business Analyst or Accounting Degree;
- Minimum 3-5 years accounting experience in the energy industry;
- Prior experience in Internal Reporting and/or Systems accounting;
- Proficient with SQL query scripting, must know how to use SQL tools, SQL Plus or TOAD;
- Knowledge of Qbyte FM, AFE Navigator, AssureNet, PW Outlook, JDE and Open Invoice system administration is preferred;
- Excellent computer skills and must be proficient with MS office products;
- Independent, self-starter and a strong team player, who is motivated and excels in a challenging environment;
- Excellent organizational, strong analytical and time management skills required.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their resumes in confidence to the Human Resources Department; email@example.com.
AltaGas offers a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to opportunities for personal and professional achievement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No agency referrals or telephone inquiries at this time, please.