All natural gas must be processed before it is delivered to the end-user. AltaGas' assets process raw natural gas to remove impurities, and in some cases, to extract higher value-added natural gas liquids for sale. With our extensive gathering infrastructure and ability to quickly redeploy assets, we are able to provide producers with quick access to markets for their natural gas.
A look at AltaGas' Field Gathering and Processing segment:
- Approximately 6,500 kilometres of associated gathering lines moving natural gas from producing wells to more than 70 field gathering and processing facilities
- Approximately 80 percent of the segment's compression units are skid-mounted. This allows AltaGas to move units quickly and cost-effectively to respond to the changing processing needs of customers
- Interconnected processing facilities that enhance operational flexibility and reliability
- Connections with downstream transmission pipelines give access to major natural gas export pipelines and markets
- Highly enviable safety record – our field employees are among the safest and best-trained in the industry
- Poised to take advantage of investment opportunities that arise in the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) in the future